August 29, 2014, 11:04:23 AM
News: THIS SITE HAS MOVED AND IS NOW READ ONLY. GO TO http://bighuskerfan.com
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Recommendations for places in west Omaha to watch the game  (Read 3557 times)
AllWeatherFan
Champions Club
All American

« on: August 25, 2008, 03:33:55 PM »

My mother-in-law is coming this weekend for a visit, so my wife and I find ourselves free for Saturday (whoo-hoo!!!)  My wife isn't really into the sports bar scene, so anybody have any idea where would be a nicer place that will pick up the PPV?  Maybe some place that serves good food where I can do a "Wow, I had no idea they'd be showing the game here" kind of thing  :wink:

Dwight Schrute: We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like...Mozart's friend. No. I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like...Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart? You're gonna get a bullet in your head courtesy of Butch Cassidy.
bowz
The Skybox
Cornhusker Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 04:03:29 PM »

My advice is think of the places that might be able to fulfill your needs and then give them a call.  About the only place I can think of is Granite City, and that gets expensive quick.

We'll all stick together, in all kinds of weather for dear old Nebraska U!
Omaha_Phil
Champions Club
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 04:02:36 PM »

The new/old Elkhorn bowling alley is showing it and they have great food and the drinks aren't expensive.  I think it's called Elkhorn Lanes now, it's just off of 204th Street north of Dodge a few blocks or so.

Obamacare: Signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be over overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country thatís broke.Dr. Bellar
AllWeatherFan
Champions Club
All American

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 04:08:11 PM »

Quote from: "Omaha_Phil"
The new/old Elkhorn bowling alley is showing it and they have great food and the drinks aren't expensive.  I think it's called Elkhorn Lanes now, it's just off of 204th Street north of Dodge a few blocks or so.

That's a good rec.  Practically in my backyard too.

Dwight Schrute: We're like one of those classic famous teams. He's like Mozart and I'm like...Mozart's friend. No. I'm like Butch Cassidy and Michael is like...Mozart. You try and hurt Mozart? You're gonna get a bullet in your head courtesy of Butch Cassidy.
Omaha_Phil
Champions Club
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 04:16:20 PM »

Quote from: "AllWeatherFan"
Quote from: "Omaha_Phil"

That's a good rec.  Practically in my backyard too.

Glad I could help.  Steve, the owner, is a great guy (though he'll be at the game)...they now have these towers of beer that will be like $10 on Sat.  over 100oz. I believe.  Their food is really good too.  Have fun.

Obamacare: Signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be over overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country thatís broke.Dr. Bellar
UNK_LOPERS
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 12:43:26 AM »

I wonder if 2 Fine Irish Men are showing it.  That's a great bar.  Although just to warn you, at any given time there are 25 douche bags in the bar.  Huge hangout spot for people who lift weights everyday and try to trick everybody into believing they are amateur MMA fighters when in reality they couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.  If you can ignore those types of people it would probably be a great place to watch the game.

Criticize me when you reach my level, meanwhile, ADMIRE me!
Big Red Machine
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 06:01:14 PM »

Big Freds cannot be beaten.  It isnt really in West O in the current sense of the term, but it was when I lived there, so I thought i'd throw that out there.

The food cannot be beaten either.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 03:07:10 PM by Big Red Machine » Logged
Flakester
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 07:52:20 AM »

The foot cannot be beaten either.

MMMM... the foot...
Big Red Machine
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 03:07:27 PM »

The foot cannot be beaten either.

MMMM... the foot...

my  bad
KCBugeater
The Skybox
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 01:43:52 PM »

I wonder if 2 Fine Irish Men are showing it.  That's a great bar.  Although just to warn you, at any given time there are 25 douche bags in the bar.  Huge hangout spot for people who lift weights everyday and try to trick everybody into believing they are amateur MMA fighters when in reality they couldn't bust a grape in a fruit fight.  If you can ignore those types of people it would probably be a great place to watch the game.
That's where I hang out.  You don't like my MMA pick-up lines?  Tongue

"The 1995 Nebraska team was like the unreported 11th plague unleashed by God and UF was Egypt." - from LSU board
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

SimplePortal 2.2.2 © 2008-2009