November 27, 2014, 05:18:45 AM
News: THIS SITE HAS MOVED AND IS NOW READ ONLY. GO TO http://bighuskerfan.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MLB Playoff thread...  (Read 2030 times)
Hitman
Big Red Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 10:42:59 PM »

Rangers heading to their second consecutive World Series. Rangers lead 15-5 in the top of the 9th.
SUHnami
Administrator
Hall of Fame

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 11:20:01 PM »

Rangers heading to their second consecutive World Series. Rangers lead 15-5 in the top of the 9th.

Good.  Hopefully they'll be playing the Cards!  Grin

"If I lay somebody out, especially as a receiver, that guy's going to feel terrible if he's a linebacker. He's just going to get up and look and say, “That's a receiver that just knocked me on my ass.”

Quincy Enunwa, WR, Nebraska
Game214
All Conference

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 04:36:25 PM »

Our bats are so choice.

Still haven't had a SP do anything worth a damn in a while...

-DH-
"We will be perfect in every aspect of the game. You drop a pass, you run a mile. You miss a blocking assignment, you run a mile. You fumble the football, and I will break my foot off in your John Brown hindparts...and then you will run a mile. PERFECTION. Lets go to work"-Remember the Titans
SUHnami
Administrator
Hall of Fame

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2011, 02:34:37 PM »

Texas and St. Louis for all the marbles!   Grin

"If I lay somebody out, especially as a receiver, that guy's going to feel terrible if he's a linebacker. He's just going to get up and look and say, “That's a receiver that just knocked me on my ass.”

Game214
All Conference

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 08:08:50 PM »

It's over. Carpenter is too locked in. Probably gonna be a CGS.

-DH-
"We will be perfect in every aspect of the game. You drop a pass, you run a mile. You miss a blocking assignment, you run a mile. You fumble the football, and I will break my foot off in your John Brown hindparts...and then you will run a mile. PERFECTION. Lets go to work"-Remember the Titans
SUHnami
Administrator
Hall of Fame

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 11:15:45 PM »

It's over. Carpenter is too locked in. Probably gonna be a CGS.

Cards win 3-2!   Grin  However the only games they win are probably the ones Carpenter pitches in.  Which by that time the series will be over. He's the only ace they have.  Texas is deep with great pitching.

Peça Rara
Huskerholic

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 06:36:31 AM »

Yeah, hell yeah - go Cards!

This is an interesting article from last January about cost per win of the teams in MLB last year:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/110126_mlb_payrolls&sportCat=mlb

Bacon-eatin' fiend.
SUHnami
Administrator
Hall of Fame

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 08:27:38 AM »

Yeah, hell yeah - go Cards!

This is an interesting article from last January about cost per win of the teams in MLB last year:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/110126_mlb_payrolls&sportCat=mlb

Interesting.  I did like this about the Cubs and their 2nd highest payroll:

"Enough with the mythology. The Cubs aren't crummy because of Steve Bartman or because the chortling baseball gods demand it or because of some long-dead goat. They're lousy because they're dumb. Consistently. Over the past decade, Chicago has spent more money than all but four other MLB clubs. The Cubs have three playoff appearances to show for it. Translation? Give the Cubs free cars, and they'll somehow come home from Oprah's studio with a handful of magic beans. Consider Chicago's 2010 roster: $18 million for one-dimensional Alfonso Soriano, $18.88 million for roller-coaster Carlos Zambrano, $14 million for he's-not-so-bad Kosuke Fukudome. Add those players up, and that's a cool $50.88 million in salary -- about $13 million more than San Diego paid for its entire team. In baseball circles, the technical term for this is fail."

Game214
All Conference

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2011, 03:30:44 PM »

Our 2-4 is cooked. 5-7 can't carry the load anymore. Doomed.

-DH-
SUHnami
Administrator
Hall of Fame

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2011, 11:00:50 PM »

Damn I'm impressed with the Rangers pitching. To bad my Cards lost.  They should have brought their bats, but that Rangers pitching was phenomenal.

Game214
All Conference

« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2011, 11:09:15 PM »

Damn I'm impressed with the Rangers pitching. To bad my Cards lost.  They should have brought their bats, but that Rangers pitching was phenomenal.

Ditto. Pitching was outstanding tonight from both sides. Motte didn't even pitch poorly...a pair of bloops and some clutch baserunning put guys at 2nd/3rd on him. Don't agree at all with pulling him for Rhodes. Arthur has a rep in Arlington for his performance for us this year.

I'm also unsure why Ogando went low fastball once again to Craig. Every report on the guy reads that he is efficient at dropping the bat and pouncing on that low-outside corner to take balls the other way. He is 2/2 doing that.

And amazing defense from Elvis tonight. We are very strong at 2B, SS, and 3B when we are in the field. I challenge anyone to find a better combo on the left side of the IF defensively.

This is going to be a very tight series between two great teams who are playing very close to potential right now. Fully expect 6 or 7.

-DH-
SUHnami
Administrator
Hall of Fame

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »

Ditto. Pitching was outstanding tonight from both sides. Motte didn't even pitch poorly...a pair of bloops and some clutch baserunning put guys at 2nd/3rd on him. Don't agree at all with pulling him for Rhodes. Arthur has a rep in Arlington for his performance for us this year.

I'm also unsure why Ogando went low fastball once again to Craig. Every report on the guy reads that he is efficient at dropping the bat and pouncing on that low-outside corner to take balls the other way. He is 2/2 doing that.

And amazing defense from Elvis tonight. We are very strong at 2B, SS, and 3B when we are in the field. I challenge anyone to find a better combo on the left side of the IF defensively.

This is going to be a very tight series between two great teams who are playing very close to potential right now. Fully expect 6 or 7.

Yeah Larussa's luck had to run out sometime tonight regarding his pitching changes.  I think if he had left Motte in he might have gotten away with allowing 1 run.  Crap happens but to bad they lifted Garcia after the 7th inning.  Then again if they hadn't done so Craig wouldn't have had the hit he did to get the runner in from 2nd.   Smiley

It was a hell of a game.  Hoe my Cards keep pitching well and get at least 1-2 wins in Texas!  Smiley

SUHnami
Administrator
Hall of Fame

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »

Damn that Ranger pitching kicked my Redbirds arses last night.  I hope Carpenter will shut down the Rangers tonight though!   Wink

Game214
All Conference

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »

The Texas Rangers have never won consecutive WS games. The Cards are throwing Carpenter. We are throwing a race car driving tweeter. Doomt.

-DH-
SUHnami
Administrator
Hall of Fame

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2011, 10:59:33 PM »

The Texas Rangers have never won consecutive WS games. The Cards are throwing Carpenter. We are throwing a race car driving tweeter. Doomt.

Sheesh, That Ranger pitching came through again. Not sure why LaRussa pulled Carpenter though.  He pitched 7 innings and allowed 2 runs.  I think if they left him in we might be in extra innings.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

SimplePortal 2.2.2 © 2008-2009